Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ann And Bert October Newsletter

Hi family:
We had a very fun month. The week after Conference, which, by the way, was very meaningful, we took a little trip to see Tiff and Doug in Plumas Lake, California. We had a wonderful visit. We got to do some fun things with the kids and we went to Temple with Tiff and Doug. They have a little dachshund and he was really cute - at least while we were there. We arrived on a Thursday evening and spent the weekend with them. We went to Church with them Sunday and left Tuesday morning. It is an all day trip out and back, but the weather was good and except for a little construction here and there the roads were good too. We had to pass through a plant checkpoint going into California. I guess they are a little jumpy about bugs being transported into their state. I understand. We did notice the gas was cheaper everywhere else but here! The grandchildren are doing well and Shaley likes school. A whole day in kindergarten seems like a lot to me, but oh well.
Then when we got back, we had some election training, and then we left for San Antonio, Texas. We flew there. The planes were delayed going down, but right on time coming back. We got another week of great weather and got to spend time with Ken and Lisa before they left for their CES seminar in Dallas. Those Texas schools start really early - Jadyn and Rylee have to get up at 5:45 in the morning to catch their bus at 6:35! Aubrey and Haley don't have to leave until later, so they get to sleep a little longer. We watched Kenli during the day, but with naps, she was very easy to take care of. We did go for walks and saw several deer, who aren't exactly sure what to make of all the cars, houses and people that have over-run their habitat. We also went to the Temple with Ken and Lisa and to a program at Jadyn's school one evening, so we got to spend time just enjoying their family.
Then we came home and did laundry!
Halloween was really nice here. It was very warm, and we had quite a few children come. Bennett dropped by with his Mom and Dad - he was a great Batman. He went down to Lucille's and when he saw a picture of himself in a mirror, he was confused! He didn't understand why his face looked so different from other days - then he tried to take off his mask! Jill has been busy raking leaves - she said in one raking, with 9 maple trees, she bagged 21 bags of leaves! (I am really thankful Bert is retired and we only have 4 maples.) Pete has started another rotation and this one and the next one will take him away from home a lot for the next two months. Jeff and Dev and Brett and Bert, along with us spouses, got together one night and had dinner. It is so fun to be all together. I know it won't happen very often so I really enjoy it. Eli is growing so fast - I especially notice that when I don't get to see the grandkids very often. Devin is going to help with the wrestling at a
school near him this year. Brett is working a lot, and Jeff is doing about the same with his feet but is able to be on them more to paint.
Of course, the highlight of the month for Bert and I was celebrating our 37th anniversary. We actually were gone on the exact day, so when we got home, we celebrated with a dinner out! I have gotten to the point where I LOVE dinners out. So, we have had a very good month. Now, it is back to normal - reading, raking leaves, etc. I hope you all had a good month too. We love you. Take good care of yourselves.
Love, Ann & Bert

No comments: